This weekend is Caribana weekend in Toronto and on the news some anchor said, “If Paris is the city of lights, then Toronto is the city of festivals.” My buddy k3v might agree. I have heard of the jazz festivals, the “taste of the danforth” Greek food festival and “summerlicious,” a beer festival, a comedy festival…
but not the Rib Fest! It was held Scarborough this weekend in a big public park named after the Thomsons, early settlers in the area. I went there yesterday with my mom and we managed to snag some delicious ribs after a worthwhile wait in line. Highlights included:
- 4 days of ribs: friday-monday since this is a long weekend
- about 10 different rib vendors, with a full rack costing $20 at each place
- other BBQ goodies: pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans and barbecued chicken
- classic food truck fare: Tiny Tom donuts, lemonade, chip wagons
- live music, a bunch of rides for the shorties (children)
- $2 paid for a box of grape Mentos!
The number of people who come to this event, I heard through the grapevine, is in the tens of thousands… and if 4 days of ribs are not enough for you, there are more ribfests during the summer in Etobicoke, Markham, Mississauga, and all over Ontario.
Filed under: food, toronto | Leave a Comment